Psychiatric Care for Teens
Our Adolescent Behavioral Health Inpatient Program addresses the specific needs of adolescents ages 13 to 17 who are experiencing acute behavioral health problems. Adolescents are in a particularly fragile state during this period of their lives, so it’s crucial that they obtain the kind of treatment that recognizes their current emotional complexity. Our program helps to strengthen self-confidence in a structured environment that promotes skill building and helps teens develop improved emotional intelligence that will lead to healthier relationships. We strive to help teens and their families develop a skill set that will enable better problem solving and long-term mental health and wellbeing.
Though treatment plans vary depending on the individual symptoms and needs of the adolescent, the program is built upon the following features:
- Comprehensive individual assessments
- Care areas sectioned by age group, to offer age-appropriate separation between younger and older teenagers
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication stabilization
- Daily group therapy and skills training
- Family sessions
- Communication and coordination with home school
- Academic instruction from on-site certified teachers for two hours each day, in coordination with the appropriate school districts, so students are not considered absent. During summer months, Rockford Center provides educational enrichment programs.
- Expressive therapies, including art, music, and movement therapies
- Coordination with home school personnel and outpatient therapists by our dedicated educational liaison
- Individualized discharge and aftercare plans
- Semi-private rooms with access to an enclosed outdoor courtyard
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.