Acute Inpatient for Adolescents
Psychiatric Care for Teens
Our Adolescent Behavioral Health Inpatient Program at Rockford Center addresses the specific needs of teens ages 13 to 17 who are experiencing acute behavioral health problems. Inpatient care for teens provides around-the-clock care at our facility located in Newark, Delaware. Rockford Center’s primary goal is to assess the needs of patients and their families and make appropriate clinical recommendations.
Adolescents are in a particularly fragile state during this period of their lives, so it’s crucial that they obtain the kind of treatment that recognizes their current emotional complexity. Studies show us that adolescents with teen mental health conditions and illnesses can lead to larger issues later on in life. A treatment program focused on inpatient care can target these issues early.
Our inpatient program for teens helps to strengthen self-confidence in a structured environment that promotes skill building and helps teens develop improved emotional intelligence that will lead to healthier relationships. We strive to help teens and their families develop a skill set that will enable better problem solving and long-term mental health and wellbeing. If your teen is struggling with a mental illness, we can help.
Though evidence-based treatment plans vary depending on the individual symptoms and needs of the adolescent, inpatient mental health for teens is built upon the following features:
- Comprehensive individual assessments
- Care areas sectioned by age group, to offer age-appropriate separation between younger and older teenagers
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication stabilization
- Daily group therapy and skills training
- Family therapy sessions
- Communication and coordination with home school
- Academic instruction from on-site certified teachers for two hours each day, in coordination with the appropriate school districts, so students are not considered absent. During summer months, Rockford Center provides educational enrichment programs.
- Expressive therapies, including art, music and movement therapies
- Coordination with home school personnel and outpatient therapists by our dedicated educational liaison
- Individualized discharge and aftercare plans
- Semi-private rooms with access to an enclosed outdoor courtyard
Why Choose Inpatient Psychiatric Care for Teenagers?
Your teen’s behavioral health matters, and the acute inpatient mental health treatment you choose should focus on their specific needs. At Rockford Center, we recognize that your loved one is an individual, and our inpatient adolescent mental health program takes into account their unique situation. Our goal is to help patients and their families and resolve issues to help improve functioning and stability in a structured environment.
Psychiatric services for adolescents are not one-size-fits-all, and inpatient treatment for adolescents shouldn’t be either. A mental health professional will recommend what level of care is appropriate for your teen.
We work on providing the skills, tools and education necessary during our acute inpatient psychiatric treatment for teens to take steps forward in their journey to a happier, healthier life.
Don’t hesitate. Reach out today.
If you or someone you know is struggling and needs adolescent inpatient mental health treatment in the Newark, Delaware, we offer behavioral health treatment for teens where you can:
- Avoid long wait times
- Expedite the admissions process
- No referral necessary. Anyone may call for assistance regarding psychiatric or addiction treatment.
- Medically stable individuals do not require admission via an emergency department; we are equipped to provide assessments.
- Assessment counselors evaluate each individual and determine the level of care needed.
- We can help verify benefits and determine coverage. Inpatient mental health for adolescents is typically covered by most insurance plans, including TRICARE®, Medicaid and Medicare.
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.