What Happens When You Arrive
All persons seeking care from Rockford Center will go through a similar set of steps upon arrival. Once you’ve arrived, you should expect the following course of action:
- You’ll be asked to complete a registration form with emergency contact information, outpatient provider contact information (if applicable), and insurance information.
- Individuals will undergo a “Level of Care” assessment performed by a master’s level counselor to determine the recommendation of care (takes a minimum of 60 minutes).
- For inpatient recommendations, admission paperwork and orders are completed. After admission to the unit, a nursing assessment is done, with a focus on medical history. Non-invasive client search and belongings search will be completed by staff for security purposes.
- For partial day recommendations, the person will be sent home, and staff will contact their insurance company for treatment authorization on the next business day. Patients will begin program one or two days after initial assessment.
- For all other recommendations, the person will be given a plan of care form that lists three appropriate service providers in their home area to contact.
If inpatient care is recommended, they’ll go through the following next steps during the next 48 hours:
- Individual’s referral source and outpatient providers will be notified of admission (only with the signed release of information).
- Initial psychiatric assessment will be completed.
- A physical assessment will be done by an internist, along with necessary lab/bloodwork and urine test.
- Chemical Dependency assessment will be done (as needed/recommended).
- Psychosocial assessment will be completed by a licensed social worker.
- The family contacted and family therapy session scheduled.
- An initial treatment plan will be developed.
- The person will receive a facility orientation that introduced them to the rules and daily group programming.
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.