Outpatient Psychiatric Care for Kids
Child Day Treatment
Our Child Day Treatment Program provides outpatient psychiatric care for kids ages 4 to 12 who may be transitioning from inpatient care at a child psychiatric hospital and need to “step down” into children’s mental health outpatient care. This program is also an alternative for children that require more intensive support than traditional outpatient programs offer.
Located in Newark, Delaware, the Rockford Center’s Child Day Treatment Program can help school aged patients who struggle with behavioral health issues learn to improve their life skills.
The Child Day Treatment Program at Rockford Center also addresses the mental and behavioral health needs of children in a tranquil, secure setting while allowing them to return home in the evenings, which provides extra flexibility for the children, their caregivers, and families.
Our ultimate goal for the children is to stabilize their health issues and promote a healthy return to school and outpatient therapy. The program meets Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The outpatient day program for kids highlights include:
- Comprehensive individual assessments, including psychiatric, psycho-social, and nursing. The assessments will assist the treatment team in providing referrals to other valuable resources.
- Mental health treatment teams include a board-certified psychiatrist, a registered nurse, a masters-level counselor or a licensed clinical social worker.
- Daily psychoeducational therapy, individual therapy, group therapy and skills training
- Expressive therapies including art and music therapy
- Medication evaluation, management and monitoring
- Family therapy sessions
- Academic instruction is provided on-site by certified teachers, in coordination with the home school
Children’s psychiatric day treatment can help children who need support following an inpatient stay or who require more intensive services than traditional outpatient therapy. We can help stabilize symptoms and promote a child’s return to school and outpatient therapy.
Outpatient Day Treatment for Kids Teams Include
- A board-certified psychiatrist
- Registered Nurse
- Master’s prepared counselor
- Licensed clinical social worker
- Certified drug and alcohol counselor
Outpatient Day Treatment for Children Includes
- Psychoeducational groups
- Family support sessions
- Art/music/movement therapy
- Educational services on-site
- Medication evaluation and monitoring
Our primary goal is to assess the needs of our patients and their families and make appropriate clinical recommendations. Comprehensive assessments include:
- Mental health and substance abuse history
- Current mental health examination
- Safety assessment
- Level-of-care determination
- Financial considerations
- Plan of action for ongoing support (including referrals)
Don’t wait. Call us today for an outpatient treatment plan for your child
We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If your child needs help, don’t hesitate to call 302-996-5480 today.
Rockford Center accepts most insurance plans, including HMOs,PPOs and other managed care plans. We are Medicaid, Medicare and TRICARE®-approved.
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.