Outpatient Care for Kids
Our Child Day Treatment Program is designed for ages 4 to 12 who may be transitioning from inpatient care and need to “step down” into outpatient care. It’s also an alternative for children that require more intensive support than traditional outpatient programs offer. The Day Treatment Program addresses the mental and behavioral health needs of children in a tranquil, secure setting while allowing them to return home in the evenings, which provides extra flexibility for the children, their caregivers, and families. Our ultimate goal for the children is to stabilize their health issues and promote a healthy return to school and outpatient therapy. The program meets Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The program highlights include:
- Comprehensive individual assessments, including psychiatric, psycho-social, and nursing. The assessments will assist the treatment team in providing referrals to other valuable resources.
- Treatment teams include a board-certified psychiatrist, a registered nurse, a masters-level counselor or a licensed clinical social worker.
- Daily psychoeducational therapy, group therapy, and skills training
- Expressive therapies including art and music therapy
- Medication evaluation, management, and monitoring
- Family therapy sessions
- Academic instruction is provided on-site by certified teachers, in coordination with the home school
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.