Acute Behavioral Health Care & Substance Abuse Disorder Treatment
Our Adult Behavioral Health Inpatient Program offers treatment for adults age 18 to 65 who are experiencing acute mental health and/or substance use issues. This could include those suffering from a mood disorder, such as anxiety, depression or mania, or thought disorders such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, etc. Our programs utilize individual and group therapy, facilitated in a relaxing, secure environment, to help individuals develop relevant coping skills and build self-esteem while learning to maintain healthy relationships in their home and social lives. Our substance use disorder program operates with particular attention to those suffering from alcohol and opioid addictions. We offer withdrawal management (detox) programs using evidence-based practices, including initiation of MAT (medication-assisted treatment) for those individuals for whom it is appropriate.
Our programs assist adults in recognizing and addressing their problems in part by identifying with others who share similar issues and background. Our patients work individually or with a therapist and in a group setting to discover how to handle their triggers and face challenges constructively. Individuals present to our facility with different levels of need, so our patient care units offer a variety of unique programming, designed to meet varying degrees of symptoms and behaviors.
Though treatment plans are individualized to the symptoms and needs of the individual, our programs are comprised of the following core components:
- Comprehensive level of care assessment
- Psychosocial assessment
- Psychological testing when appropriate
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication stabilization
- Daily psychoeducational therapy and group therapy, in addition to skills training
- Family therapy sessions
- Expressive therapies, including art, music and movement therapies
- Coordination with outpatient providers
- Personalized discharge and aftercare planning
- Semi-private rooms with access to an enclosed outdoor courtyard
The Co-Occurring Treatment Program
The Co-Occurring Treatment Program is designed to address individuals who are struggling with behavioral health issues that may be complicated by substance use disorders. The program supports the 12-step approach, while also tackling addiction disease education, relapse prevention, stress management and risk reduction strategies.
Program features include:
- A comprehensive assessment and evaluation by a qualified drug and alcohol professional
- Assessment to evaluate potential for relapse
- Identification of personal relapse triggers
- Exploration of family issues as they relate to recovery and relapse
- Group therapy by professionals who specialize in co-occurring treatment
- Family and/or support system sessions
- Psychoeducational group activities, including videos, discussions, and workbook materials
- Aftercare and discharge planning to appropriate community resources
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.