Children Psychiatric Programs
Behavioral Health Care Treatment for Kids
Children have complex mental health needs as their brains grow and develop at this young stage. Rockford Center, located in Newark, Delaware, understands this and has designed its programs for children to work with them at this time.
Our programs, for children age 4 to 12, help them and their families understand the complexity of their mental and behavioral health issues at a deep level. This level of education is necessary to teach children new coping skills for their problems so they can go back into their homes, schools, and communities with an action plan for success and wellness.
We offer a Child Psychiatric Inpatient Program for children who have more acute behavioral issues or are experiencing a more severe emotional crisis. We also offer a Day Treatment Program, an outpatient program for children who’ve finished inpatient treatment but still require some structured care.
No matter which program your child is in, our clinical staff at Rockford Center will design a treatment program that meets the specific needs of your child so that they can rebuild their confidence, maintain stability, and the whole family can begin to heal.
Child Inpatient Treatment Program
Children inpatient psychiatric services at Rockford Center are designed with your child in mind. Every child is unique, and child inpatient psychiatric care should be too. This program provides around-the-clock psychiatric care in our safe and secure facility located in Newark, Delaware.
We’re proud to offer inpatient acute care for children that provides them with the skills, tools and education necessary to live a happier, healthier life.
Child Day Treatment Program
This program can help stabilize symptoms and promote a successful return to school and regular activities. Rockford Center offers day treatment for children (ages 4 to 12), Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 2:30 pm.
- Psychoeducational groups
- Family support sessions
- Art, music and movement therapies
- On-site educational services
- Medication evaluation and monitoring
- Breakfast and lunch
Get Help from a Child Psychiatric Hospital
We understand your child’s needs, and we are here to help. If your loved one is struggling, our children’s mental health services can help as we offer inpatient psychiatric care for children and an outpatient day treatment program.
Calling us now can help
- Avoid long wait times
- Expedite the admissions process
- No referral necessary. Anyone may call for assistance regarding psychiatric or addiction treatment.
- Medically stable individuals do not require admission via an emergency department; we are equipped to provide assessments.
- Assessment counselors evaluate each individual and determine the level of care needed.
- We can help verify benefits and determine coverage. Services are typically covered by most insurance plans, including TRICARE®, Medicaid and Medicare.
Located in Newark, Delaware, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a no-cost, confidential assessment.
- Patients and their families meet with a treatment team and work together to create a family-centered treatment plan.
- A physician-led, multidisciplinary team approach is utilized to help meet each patient’s specific needs whether they need inpatient care in an inpatient stay or outpatient help from a mental health professional.
The staff at Rockford Center can help children who are struggling with a mental illness. Don’t hesitate to contact us if your child needs psychiatric services in the Newark, Delaware area.
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.