Psychiatric Care for Kids
Our Child Behavioral Health Inpatient Program meets the unique needs of children ages 4 to 12 who are experiencing acute behavioral problems. The program’s goal is to help children and their families identify individual behavioral issues to open the way for personal growth and family stability. Young children have specific physical and mental needs during this time of growth and development, so our staff works closely with parents and guardians to make sure we get them on a path that encourages long-term mental health and wellness.
Though treatment plans vary depending on the individual symptoms and needs of the child, the program is built upon the following features:
- Comprehensive individual assessments
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication stabilization
- Daily group therapy and skills training
- Family therapy sessions
- Communication and coordination with home school
- Academic instruction from on-site certified teachers for two hours each day, in coordination with the appropriate school districts, so students are not considered absent. During summer months, Rockford Center provides educational enrichment programs.
- Expressive therapies, including art, music, and movement therapies
- Dedicated educational liaison
- Individualized discharge and aftercare plans
- Psychological testing when indicated
- Nutritional Services
- Internal medicine involvement
- Semi-private rooms with access to an enclosed outdoor courtyard
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.