Acute Inpatient Treatment for Children
Psychiatric Care for Kids
Our Child Behavioral Health Inpatient Program at Rockford Center meets the unique needs of children ages 4 to 12 who are experiencing acute behavioral problems. This program provides around-the-clock psychiatric care in our safe and secure facility located in Newark, Delaware.
The program’s goal is to help children and their families identify individual behavioral issues and have a roadmap to personal growth and family stability. Young children have specific physical and mental needs during this time of growth and development. Our staff works closely with parents and guardians to make sure we get them on a path that encourages long-term mental health and wellness.
Though child inpatient psychiatric care treatment plans vary depending on the individual symptoms and needs of the child, the program is built upon the following features:
- Comprehensive individual assessments
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication stabilization
- Daily group therapy and skills training
- Family therapy sessions
- Communication and coordination with home school
- Academic instruction from on-site certified teachers for two hours each day, in coordination with the appropriate school districts, so students are not considered absent.
- During summer months, Rockford Center provides educational enrichment programs.
- Expressive therapies, including art, music, and movement therapies
- Dedicated educational liaison
- Individualized discharge and aftercare plans
- Psychological testing when indicated
- Nutritional Services
- Internal medicine involvement
- Semi-private rooms with access to an enclosed outdoor courtyard
Inpatient Acute Care for Children Treatment that Takes Into Account Your Child’s Needs
Inpatient psychiatric care for children is built around your child’s specific needs. Child inpatient treatment programs vary from facility to facility. At Rockford Center, we understand no treatment plan is one-size-fits-all.
Our children’s inpatient psychiatric services at Rockford Center take into account the unique needs of your child and get them the help they need in a children’s inpatient psychiatric hospital providing around-the-clock inpatient care.
When children need intensive behavioral health services, our experienced staff of mental health professionals provides techniques to help strengthen their self-confidence. This can lead to healthier relationships and a more fulfilling life.
What Is the Admission Process Like at Rockford Center?
Our family-centered, physician-led, multidisciplinary team approach at Rockford Center is utilized to help meet each patient’s specific needs in every level of care we provide.
Our primary goal is to assess the needs of our patients and their families and make appropriate clinical recommendations. Comprehensive assessments include:
- Mental health and substance use history
- Current mental health examination
- Safety assessment
- Level-of-care determination
- Financial considerations
- Plan of action for ongoing support
- (including referrals)
During the process, meeting with the treatment team takes place as we work together to create an individualized treatment plan for discharge after their inpatient stay at Rockford Center. The mental health professionals at Rockford Center works closely with patients and their families to identify and resolve issues to help improve functioning and stability in a structured environment.
Call Us Today to Get Started
If your child needs help, please reach out to us today to get your loved one the help. Call us at 302-996-5480 today to start your loved one’s journey to a happier, healthier life.
Help Is Never Far Away
We’re available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment by calling 302-996-5480. Walk-in appointments are also welcome. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.